Charfield Community Website
Charfield is a village in South Gloucestershire, England. We are north of Bristol and south of Gloucester, right on the Gloucestershire border. Have a look on this map to see where we are.
Upcoming Events at the Hall
- Nov 27 DRU YOGA AND RELAXATION : Help to take the stress out of everyday life! Relaxed friendly yoga ...
- Dec 4 DRU YOGA AND RELAXATION : Help to take the stress out of everyday life! Relaxed friendly yoga ...
- Dec 11 DRU YOGA AND RELAXATION : Help to take the stress out of everyday life! Relaxed friendly yoga ...
- Dec 18 DRU YOGA AND RELAXATION : Help to take the stress out of everyday life! Relaxed friendly yoga ...
Upcoming Events in Charfield, Wotton & Kingswood
- Fri 22 Christmas Fair St Johns Charfield : Please join us at St Johns Church Charfield for our Xmas Fair, ...
- Sat 23 Charities Fair : The 24th annual Charities Fair is happening at The Wotton Civic Centre on Saturday ...
- Sat 23 UTEA: UTEA YOUTH BAND FUNDRAISER : 6pm : Join us for a fantastic evening of live music from some ...
- Nov 27 Baby Cafe : Baby Café is an informal meeting place for parents, grandparents and carers of babies ...
Love rugby but want to play a non-contact form of the game?
Touch Rugby is a fantastic sport for keeping fit and allows men & women of all abilities to take to the field together.
You don't have to have had any rugby experience at all to play. It's also great fun!
During the winter 2019/20 we're playing on the KLB Astroturf from 8pm to 9pm.
From May 2020 we play on the Village Hall field on MONDAY evenings from 6.30pm to 7.30pm.
Please text 07970853871 if you're interested and we'll add you to our WhatsApp group for session updates.
Old ITV programme about the Charfield Railway Crash 1928
Locals sharing memories at the Railway Tavern Pub in Charfield. People interviewed: Mrs Hazel, then "Jibby' Jones, then Reginald Pagett.
Thanks to Graham Tyndall for sharing this with us.
"It was broadcast on ITV many years ago and they kindly sent me a video of the program.
My father is in the video talking about the lady in black and the children's shoes. He worked on the railway in Charfield as a Ganger and we lived in a cottage just below the Plough Inn.
When the cottages were demolished we moved to Charfield Green on the corner right next to the railway line."
The CHADRA Archive is now complete!
The digital archive of CHADRA is now 100% complete!
This immense project was started in 2010 and we are very grateful for Brendan O'Connor's hard work.
Note that only newsletters that are a year old are archived here. To read up-to-date news, please get on the distribution list.
Charfield Wartime Memories of Kathleen Wilcock
"What the inhabitants of Charfield made of all this he did not say." - Kathleen Wilcock, 2013.
Charfield Out of School Club
Have you heard the story about how a Spitfire came to be rebuilt in Charfield?
» read more
Memories of Charfield
"Whilst in the mood I have edited my 'family edition' of my "Memories" just to include the Charfield bits." - Valerie Sibley, 2009.
» read more
The Old Post Office
Where was the old Post Office? Valerie Sibley lets us know, and shares some childhood memories.
» read more