Charfield Community Website
Charfield is a village in South Gloucestershire, England. We are north of Bristol and south of Gloucester, right on the Gloucestershire border. Have a look on this map to see where we are.
Upcoming Events at the Hall
- Wed 22 YOGA AND RELAXATION : Dru Yoga and Relaxation classes. Fun, friendly, relaxed classes for all ...
- Jan 29 YOGA AND RELAXATION : Dru Yoga and Relaxation classes. Fun, friendly, relaxed classes for all ...
- Feb 5 YOGA AND RELAXATION : Dru Yoga and Relaxation classes. Fun, friendly, relaxed classes for all ...
- Feb 12 YOGA AND RELAXATION : Dru Yoga and Relaxation classes. Fun, friendly, relaxed classes for all ...
Upcoming Events in Charfield, Wotton & Kingswood
- Sat 18 UTEA: THE WIND IN THE WILLOWS : 7pm : Rain or Shine Theatre are proud to present their fast paced ...
- Sun 19 UTEA: MATINEE of WIND IN THE WILLOWS : 2:30pm : Rain or Shine Theatre are proud to present their ...
- Sun 19 UTEA: THE WIND IN THE WILLOWS : 7pm : Rain or Shine Theatre are proud to present their fast paced ...
- Tue 21 Wotton Gardening Club AGM : Our AGM will be held at 7.30 pm in the Gloucester Street Club Room; ...
NEW DATE: January 18th 7pm: AND THEN THEY CAME FOR ME
NEW DATE ANNOUNCED!
A unique experience…a multimedia play that combines videotaped interviews with Holocaust survivors Eva Schloss and Ed Silverberg, with live actors recreating scenes from their lives as teenagers during WW ll.
Part oral history, part drama action, part remembrance, this play by James Still brings to life what happened after The Diary of Anne Frank ends. The ensemble-driven play breaks new ground and has been acclaimed by audiences and critics in world-wide productions.
PLEASE COME ALONG TO SUPPORT THE HALL
Please note this event is only suitable for children aged 12+.
Tickets available from Charfield Petrol Station, and online: http://bit.ly/AndTheyCameForMe
Love rugby but want to play a non-contact form of the game?
Touch Rugby is a fantastic sport for keeping fit and allows men & women of all abilities to take to the field together.
You don't have to have had any rugby experience at all to play. It's also great fun!
During the winter 2019/20 we're playing on the KLB Astroturf from 8pm to 9pm.
From May 2020 we play on the Village Hall field on MONDAY evenings from 6.30pm to 7.30pm.
Please text 07970853871 if you're interested and we'll add you to our WhatsApp group for session updates.
Old ITV programme about the Charfield Railway Crash 1928
Locals sharing memories at the Railway Tavern Pub in Charfield. People interviewed: Mrs Hazel, then "Jibby' Jones, then Reginald Pagett.
Thanks to Graham Tyndall for sharing this with us.
"It was broadcast on ITV many years ago and they kindly sent me a video of the program.
My father is in the video talking about the lady in black and the children's shoes. He worked on the railway in Charfield as a Ganger and we lived in a cottage just below the Plough Inn.
When the cottages were demolished we moved to Charfield Green on the corner right next to the railway line."
The CHADRA Archive is now complete!
The digital archive of CHADRA is now 100% complete!
This immense project was started in 2010 and we are very grateful for Brendan O'Connor's hard work.
Note that only newsletters that are a year old are archived here. To read up-to-date news, please get on the distribution list.
Charfield Wartime Memories of Kathleen Wilcock
"What the inhabitants of Charfield made of all this he did not say." - Kathleen Wilcock, 2013.
Charfield Out of School Club
Have you heard the story about how a Spitfire came to be rebuilt in Charfield?
» read more
Memories of Charfield
"Whilst in the mood I have edited my 'family edition' of my "Memories" just to include the Charfield bits." - Valerie Sibley, 2009.
» read more
The Old Post Office
Where was the old Post Office? Valerie Sibley lets us know, and shares some childhood memories.
» read more